About Me

My photo
Runner. Nerd. Relentless reader and documentary watcher. Beer, vodka, and wine lover. Marathoner. Studier. Music Snob. Traveler. Chocolate lab owner.

Monday, August 9, 2010

I'm a blogger?















The door to my bathroom is where I hang my running inspiration.















This fortune came from a P.F. Changs cookie at the Expo for the Rock & Roll Chicago Half Marathon. Cliche, but fitting.



















Josh Cox told me to be great. I'll try.


So, here it is: I'm blogging now. I'm narcissistic enough to assume that my life just might be interesting enough for you to read. The reality is, writing this down makes me accountable for what I'm supposed to be doing. I'm also going to do my best to make it interesting for myself, and you I suppose, by taking my camera on my long runs. There are SO many times when I'm out there that I just have to laugh at the shit I see, and so many times that I appreciate the natural beauty that exists in the shit-hole we call St. Louis. Don't let my snark fool you, I actually love it here, but that doesn't mean I can deny that this city is a tad on the ghetto side...

Now that I've told you I'm going to blog about the runs I take, I guess I should tell you that I'm kind of taking the week off of running. I ran a half-marathon a couple weeks ago, and official marathon training starts next week. For now, I'm doing whatever the hell I want (eating chocolate, drinking wine, and trying to blow off the guy I'm dating while simultaneously getting my DVDs out of his place). The plan is, I'll post what I'm supposed to run at the beginning of the week, and if I don't run it, you all have permission to berate me, talk shit about my dog, and call my sister a whore. I don't actually want you to do any of those things (because I'm awesome, I like my dog more than you, and my sister is the bomb), so I guess I better do what I'm supposed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment